How To Forget a WiFi Network On Your iPhone or iPad in today’s main gist. Some times most of us do go to places that offer free internet access, browse free, and all that. After the exercise, you might forget that you were connected to such networks, maybe with your iPad or iPhone respectively.
However, bear it in mind that these networks are sometimes saturated, our iPhone connects automatically as soon as they are detected, and then we suffer from slowness in connected applications. Today we will be looking at how you can be able to forget wifi network on your smart gadgets.
How to make them forget about certain WiFi networks on the iPhone & iPad.
Without wasting much time, we will be looking at how you can be able to forget those WiFi networks that no longer interest us, and also, we will also see how to customize the network settings of your iPhone or iPad to see how it handles the connection to wireless networks.
- You will First open the Settings application on your iPhone or iPad and then select the Wi-Fi section, where the network to which you are currently connected to.
- After that, you will have to Touch the information icon that you see to the right of the name of the network to which you are connected
- Then Press Forget this network at the top of the screen
- But if you really want to eliminate other networks that you have previously been connected to, you can do it from your Mac if you use iCloud Keychain.
- So therefore at the moment, there is no way to do this directly from your iOS device, what you can only do is to only omit the WiFi network to which you are currently connected
This Is How to stop automatically joining a network
You can as well allow guests to join wifi. Bear it in mind that sometimes disabling auto-joining network will stop your iPhone or iPad from joining a network you want to keep in your settings. You are free to go when it’s on the range of the wi-fi network, below are the steps.
- Firstly Launch the Settings app.
- Then Tap Wi-Fi.
- Go on to Tap the info button next to the wi-fi network you want to forget. It looks like a lower-case I.
- After that, Turn the Auto-Join switch off.
How to find out if a wi-fi network is available in a range
This is very simple, some will really want to know if wi-fi networks are within range, you will surely receive a notification asking if you want to join or not.
Bear it in mind that you can never be automatically connected to an unknown network, whether you’re receiving these notifications or not. With this setting, you will be able to know how to discover networks to simply join.
- Firstly you will have to Launch the Settings app.
- Then Tap Wi-Fi.
- After that, simply scroll down to the bottom of the page and turn the Ask to Join Networks switch on.
Please Note that If you’ve previously joined a network, you’ll automatically be connected once again especially when you are within range, or whether this setting is enabled or not. You will enjoy the free flow of internet access without any form of delay.